School Calendar 2023-2024
- ‘Scholastic Learn at Home’ site has free articles to read on different topics. You can sign up with a free code.
- If you have a library card, you can download the app ‘Borrow Box’ and use your online library log in to borrow audiobooks and ebooks.
- On ‘MyStorybook.com‘ pupils can create digital storybooks and add backgrounds and characters to create scenes from their story.
- Write a recount of your Easter weekend.
- Oxford Owl – Ebooks and books read aloud.
- Listen to a story on ‘Storyline Online‘.
- Research a country/animal and write a report on what you have researched.
- Write a letter to a friend or relative
- Write the recipe and method for something you cooked or baked
- Write a movie review or book review
- Write a poem including onomatopoeia and/or hyperbole.
- Make ‘I wonder’ statements before and during reading.
- PDST Oral language games booklet
- ‘Maths Playground‘.
- ‘Nrich Maths’
- ‘NZ Maths’
- ‘IXL’ (maths questions broken into class levels and topics)
- Create 3D shapes with either paper and glue or spaghetti and marshmallows
- Go on a shape hunt around your house
- Measure rooms in your house (length, width, perimeter and area)
- ‘The School Hub’.
- Dice Game: 2 people each roll a dice. Add or subtract the two numbers. The first person to get the answer gets a point.
- Bang: Adult asks a sum e.g. 8+7. The first person with the correct answer gets a point. Alternatively, adult gives an answer. The first person to come up with a sum to match the answer gets a point.
- ‘Mathsframe’ – Pupils are familiar with this website. Any of the free games on time are great for pupils to practice their knowledge of time.
- All classes will be very familiar with this website ‘Topmarks’
Keeping Active / Physical Activities:
- ‘Go Noodle’.
- ‘Cosmic Kids Yoga’
- ‘Twigin Yoga’
- PE with Joe Wicks ‘The Body Coach’
- Just Dance
- 10 @ 10 – exercises in English and Irish.
- ‘Book Creator One’ can be downloaded for free as an app or you can set up an account online. Pupils have all been introduced to this software and they can create a book about a topic of interest which they research online or in a book.
- Create PowerPoints on topics of interest if they have access to it to at home.
- Pupils can learn and practice their typing skills on ‘BBC Typing Tutor’.
- Khan Academy
- News2Day Daily News
- TG4 – Cula 4.
- Art for Kids Hub
- ‘Help my Kid Learn’ has lots of activities (English, maths and general) with some lovely ideas for Easter activities.
- Kid friendly information for projects is available on ‘World Book Online’
- ‘Ducksters’ – project work.
- ‘National Geographic Kids’ – child friendly information on a range of topics.
- ‘Duolingo’ for practising Irish.
Other Useful Activities:
- Cook dinner / Bake
- Draw / Colour / Paint / Knit / Sew
- Play Board Games / Card Games
- Puzzle books
- Create a wordsearch
- Make a Time Capsule
- Make jigsaw puzzles
- Keep a daily diary/journal
- Treasure Hunt
- Scavenger Hunt
- Help with Housework
Great information for parents is also available on ‘Tips and Tricks for Home Learning’.